Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Me and the Girls!

We had a pretty fun day today. A picnic in our back yard with tortilla pizza's and my contemplations.
As I watched Lily play I thought of each moment in our lives and how I'd never have that moment again. I scrapbook memories, but they can never be remembered like the moment can be lived. Lily ran from one place to the other chattering and squealing all the while. My tomatoes are ripening in my pathetic little garden. I imagined what my yard would look like if I could afford perennials like I'd like with flowers and lovely leaves, but even without them I had an even better view with Lily enjoying the outdoors. Renna fell asleep and I put her inside in her bed and Lily and I did some "school" (I got her a little board book all about the continents and a foam puzzle that she can learn the continents of the world with. Along with coloring stuff and things that I can teach her colors and numbers and shapes and letters with.)

Then Lily played in her sandbox while I read from "The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe."

Lily is starting this thing where she's not really taking naps, but then she really needs one the next day. I put her in her room today for some quiet time and it was really nice for her to read some books and let me clean and stuff, but then she was super tired and went to sleep at like 3 or something till 5. Oh well, she'll be up tonight I guess. Lily was looking at "princess" books. She's so into princess things and dressing up! She's also wearing a dress that my Grandma made for me when I was 4 or 5! It was my favorite dress because it twirled really good.

Renna woke up when Lily was still sleeping so I got to play with just her! We played with a rainbow as you can see in the picture. It's a little blurry because I had to turn off the flash to get the rainbow. She's rolling all over the floor. It's pretty funny where she ends up in her rolling. It's also really fun to watch her develop! Lily was pulling herself up at this age and never did much scooting as walking along the furniture was more interesting I guess! Renna is a little less adventurous, but probably because Lily is just so fun to watch that she doesn't need to look for more interesting stuff! (Lily was dressed in her fancy red dress today for a while and I was throwing some chiffon fabric up in the air and she would run under it as it fluttered down. Renna loved watching all that!)

Lately Renna has been pretty into her Binky. It's quite nice because she was really wanting to just suck or chew on something and would end up just yelling at her toys because she wasn't able to fit the whole toy in her mouth or something! It was pretty funny, but also drove me nuts. Now she's been more content and I'm glad she's so much happier. I was a thumb sucker and know how hard it can be to get a kid to stop sucking their thumb, so the Bink is a nice option. (Plus I think she looks pretty cute with it! :)

1 comment:

jeremy and lenore diviney said...

you are in a seriously serious frame of mind on these last few posts. Sounds like you are in a good place. I appreciate that! Yay for you!! = )
love,
lenore