Tuesday, December 18, 2007

bad day...

Do you ever have one of those days were everything seems to go wrong... the house gets trashed more quickly... the projects you are trying to finish before christmas seem to grow, get more complicated, and start to feel imposible to complete... and your child who was a little angel yesterday is clingy and more needy than usual today...?
*sigh* I shouldn't complain I know, but I don't have anyone to talk to. Youssef works very long hours. He made a board game that he's been really excited about and keeps talking about. He's been wanting me to play it, and I'd like to, but it's starting to feel like just another thing I need to get done this week (and I of course don't want to feel that way about something that is so special to him). It's crunch time though, and the christmas gifts and projects that I've been making and woking on for the last few months are almost all done. They aren't many actually, just a few, but very time consuming and artistically challenging. I'm tired. I'm really glad that Renna isn't due right after christmas like Lily was. I feel like I'll be able to have time to get ready for her coming once christmas is over.
I'm really looking forward to christmas though! I'm probably going to have to stay up late to finsh some of this stuff so that I can enjoy these last few days till christmas. (And next week I can post a couple pictures of the gifts I made.) :)
I feel like I'm missing half my brain at the moment. I need to do a little shopping today and return stuff to the library and mail a letter and some other random things on my to-do list. I feel like I've got all the grocery type stuff we'll need then we run out of diapers... or the car needs more gas this months than I'd planned. I just feel like I'm lossing my brain most of the time.... at least today anyway.
I probably just need sleep.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll be praying for you. I've felt the same way lately. Kyrie has been really clingy since Antonio was born. Rachel has been sick with mastitis. I've been working long hours. I'm supposed to read five books before January 3rd, but have had no free time lately. The house is a wreck because I haven't been able to do anything since I have to watch Kyrie since Rachel's sick. And company will be here this weeked. *sigh* We still haven't gotten anything for Kyrie. I still need to get presents for Rachel and vice versa, and I have long shifts through Saturday.

Advent is really about slowing down, and I feel like a total failure in that regard this year. I'm a little depressed this year; Christmas has never been stressful for me before because I'm not usually working this time of year. Oh well.

Lynne' said...

Oh... I wish I could help you guys out. When you all were coming up here to stay with the Tuckers I went up there a few times and played with there kids or brought dinner so that they could get ready for your coming. It sounds like you could use the same thing...
:(